There is always something new to discover at The Manitoba Museum. With three exciting venues, each and every visit can be a new adventure.
The Museum features nine permanent galleries that tell the story of Manitoba, and a Discovery Room that’s updated every six months with new, never-before-seen treasures from our vaults. Our Planetarium offers a variety of shows for all ages, while the Science Gallery makes learning fun with tons of interactive, hands-on exhibits and activities.
From new permanent exhibits to temporary traveling exhibitions to our ever-changing Planetarium shows, you have a great number of options readily available.
The “Plan my visit menu” (located on the left) contains a series of tools to help you plan your experience and make the most out of your visit. You may want to start with our visitor planner, or take a look at our facility with our interactive map.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Manitoba Museum is located at 190 Rupert Avenue (Rupert @ Main Street), across from City Hall and adjacent to the Centennial Concert Hall. The Manitoba Museum does not own or operate any of the lots in the vicinity.
Right by our front doors there is a pick up and drop-off area, so you can let your family and friends get the admissions tickets while you park.
There are several parking options available:
- On Rupert and Alexander Avenues, there are surface lots with some casual parking available. The Alexander Avenue lot has a coin-only dispensing machine, so plan to bring quarters and dollar coins with you. There are also two surface lot on Lily Street with casual stalls available.
- In terms of large, multi-level parking, the available options are The Winnipeg Health Regional Authority Parkade (Main @ Logan) and the Rorie Street Parkade, located at 170 McDermot Avenue.
- On Rupert Avenue and surrounding streets there is metered parking available. There is a 2-hour parking limit, but if you buy your parking by phone you can renew your parking for an additional two hours.
- On Waterfront drive, between Mac Donald Avenue (close to Higgins Avenue) and Alexander Avenue there is metered street parking where you can park your car for up to 4 hours. If you are planning on a longer visit, this may be the most efficient place to park.
- The Winnipeg Parking Authority provides 2 hours of free on-street parking on Saturdays and on-street parking is free on Sundays.
Please see this map to see our location and available parking options:
View Manitoba Museum Parking in a larger map
Tourism Winnipeg offers information about accommodations, shopping, arts and culture, and other great Winnipeg attractions. Click on the logo to be directed to their website.
Please note: When you click on the Tourism Winnipeg logo, you will be leaving The Manitoba Museum’s Website. The accuracy and content description of information provided by Tourism Winnipeg is not endorsed nor approved by The Manitoba Museum.